Lekau Sehoana of Drip Footwear | The Virtual Mkhukhu | Embracing Failure | My Own Business Journey

Lekau Sehoana of Drip Footwear | The Virtual Mkhukhu | Embracing Failure | My Own Business Journey

Penuel's Business Journey:

I've sold boerewors rolls in Grahamstown and Newcastle.
I've sold ice lollies at the Newcastle taxi rank.
I've run a hawker stall with my brother in Newcastle.
I've sold I ❤ Newcastle tees.
I've sold Newcastle Old Boys tees.
I've sold #100million tees and hoodies.
I've sold tees in bulk to various buyers.
I've sold tailored clothing.
I've fixed cellphones and laptops.
I've sold phones and laptops.
I've worked at catering events.
I've driven meter taxis.
I've driven and loaded for trucks.
I've made and sold artworks.
I've written and sold books.
I've talked at events for money.
I've coached rugby.
I've bred and sold cows and pigs.
I've babysat children.
I've given out loans.
I've done debt collection for people.
I've traded forex and stocks.
I've dabbled in sports betting.
I've sold cooked food to varsity students.
I've tutored kids for money.
I've counselled people for money.
I've hosted business workshops.
I've featured in TV and print commercials.
I've cameo'd in a few TV soapies.
I've set up stokvels.
I've invested in startups.
I've been employed.
I've opened a fast food shop.
I've applied for funding from 4 institutions and been rejected.
I've engaged politicians... from grassroots levels to presidents.
I've knocked on doors and hustled to have sit downs with some of the top CEOs, founders and successful business people in SA.
I've been rich, heavily in debt and broke.
I've hurt my lovers, family and close friends from bad decisions or bad consequences from actions I took.
I've mentored over 100 kids.
I've collected and donated over 3000 items of clothing, over 200 blankets and probably R100,000 in cash... used for groceries or schoolfees for the needy.
I've sang and done gumboot dancing for money.
I've busked for money.
I've run over 20 marathons.
I've travelled to over 15 countries.
I've sold my mixtapes for R5 each.
I've owned a fancy car.
I've taken my mom on trips, to spas and restaurants.
I've provided for my kids through tough financial times and inconsiderate babymama drama.
I've been depressed, suicidal, cried, laughed, disappeared.

No matter what happens... when I hit billionaire status, please don't talk shit about how I was lucky, how I fluked it or only got it through political connections or was in the right place at the right time or due to my looks.

I've earned all my stripes and have the t-shirt, the scars and the court cases to prove it. I've failed so many times, been rejected so many times, been sworn at so many times.

The journey is brutal... victory or not... it's been a fascinating ride!!!

#theblackpen #100million

LekauSehoanaFootwear

Post a Comment

0 Comments