Train like THIS to Actually Grow Muscle | Science-Based Guide

Train like THIS to Actually Grow Muscle | Science-Based Guide

There is a tonne of conflicting advice on how you should train if your goal is to maximise Muscle Growth. So, to make it simple, I've distilled the science into what I consider to be the 11 Key Principles to apply to your training in order to make the best gains possible!

WHO AM I?
I'm Archie. I study biology at the University of Cambridge, and I am growing a YouTube Channel in order to help people improve their lives. There is a tonne of pseudoscience and misinformation out there on the self-improvement scene, so I try to take a different approach in my videos by grounding the advice I give in Science!

SUBSCRIBE
If you think this type of content will be of any use to you, please considering subscribing! If you don't think so, leave me a comment letting me know how I can improve these videos :)

Follow me on instagram: @archiemackintoosh

Chapters:

0:00 - Intro
0:45 - You can use any type of resistance training
1:03 - What training split should you follow?
1:35 - How long should workouts last?
2:02 - Making workouts time efficient
2:22 - How much volume do you need?
2:50 - How many different exercises for each muscle group?
3:07 - What makes muscles grow?
4:02 - How many reps and sets per exercise?
4:48 - Should you train to failure?
5:22 - How to progressively overload
5:50 - How long should you rest between sets?
6:32 - How to perform high quality reps
7:15 - A note about sleep

Sources:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6950543/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20847704/
https://hubermanlab.com/science-of-muscle-growth-increasing-strength-and-muscular-recovery/

aesthetics guideBuild an aesthetic bodyaesthetic physique

Post a Comment

0 Comments