Matty Ice | Running Confusingly Cold at Times – NFL Week 13 Falcons Game Tape Study by Kurt Warner

Matty Ice | Running Confusingly Cold at Times – NFL Week 13 Falcons Game Tape Study by Kurt Warner

I never said Matt Ryan’s not a really good quarterback. The problem that I have…and what’s confusing is that I think he IS a really good quarterback. He shows me that at times in games and to me, when I talk about it, yes the Atlanta offensive line has issues. Yes, they have receiver issues on the outside. Understood. I’m simply looking at it from a quarterback perspective. Because to me, playing quarterback is always about getting your eyes in the right spot…that’s something that can bail you out from bad protection. Know where you’re looking and get the ball out of your hands quickly. That can help you with guys on the outside the aren’t necessarily great receivers, by getting the ball out on time and knowing where you’re going with the football…especially against zone coverage where you have a good play, you can attack that zone coverage by being on time and being in the right place and that’s simply what I’m talking about. I want to have every quarterback do well and to me it all starts with knowing what you’re looking at and where your eye should be on a particular play. So I’m going to go through last week’s Atlanta Falcons game and I’m going to show you some of the great stuff that Ryan does, because I see it on a weekly basis and I’ve seen it for years. That’s why I’m so dumbfounded at times, wondering why he’s going certain places because it doesn’t make sense in my mind. As I always say, I don’t know what he’s being taught, I don’t know what they tell them on a particular play…what to read and how to read a particular play. I simply think through what I would do on a particular play and that’s what confuses me so much.

atlanta falconsmatt ryankurt warner

Post a Comment

0 Comments